Open House January 2020
For many, a new year is a clean slate; an opportunity to hatch plans and establish goals.
If you foresee 2021 as the year your business takes on a more sustainable form, you might wish to kickstart it with the Fair Luxury Pledge.
Our Pledge is a new framework designed to support you and your peers, helping you to set your intentions for a responsible business in 2021 and be accountable to your community. Pledge-themed Open House events will now run quarterly, starting this month.
We know that when jewellery is produced responsibly it can provide sustainable livelihoods for all involved – from the miners of raw materials right through the supply chain to the ultimate designer or retailer of the finished piece.
As individual designers, makers, traders and educators we’ve pledged to make changes and business decisions that are driven by more than just profit. In every aspect of our work, we seek to ensure that we are achieving and maintaining a safe, sustainable and just industry for all.
We are each at a different stage in our journey towards responsible business, but we are all working on it. No matter how big or small, our collective actions will change the world.
Through the jewellery we create and the ways we run our businesses, those who make the Fair Luxury Pledge each promise to:
1. Conserve and restore the environment
2. Work in a way that is responsible, transparent and accountable
3. Play a role in educating and empowering others
This session will last for one 1 hour, details below:
– 15 min: Short introduction to the Fair Luxury Pledge by Anna Loucah, founder of Anna Loucah fine jewellery. Members of the Fair Luxury team will share their pledges to get participants thinking about what their own pledge might be.
– 30 min: We will go into break out rooms to enable small group conversations.
What might your pledge be? It might be something as simple as using only eco cleaning products to wash your workshop floor! Or something bigger like only using gems with a guarentee of provenance. Use the conversation to brainstorm ideas and encourage each other.
– 15 min: We will re-join the main group and each group will share some of their thoughts/ possible intentions for the pledge.
After the event you will be encouraged to fill in our Pledge form.
The aim of the Pledge is to enable you to set realistic goals for yourself and your business, breaking them down into manageable steps.
It’s not necessarily about completion, it’s more about being accountable aswell as acknowledging and celebrating progress!
We’ll follow up at the next Pledge Open House with a chance to reflect on our progress and any challenges encountered along the way. It will take place on April 29th at 10am GMT