The 2022 Fair Luxury Pledge has launched!
The Fair Luxury Pledge framework is designed to support you and your peers to take tangible steps towards a better business. It’s an opportunity to set a personal or business goal and to network with those that have shared aims, exchanging knowledge and ideas along the way. No matter your position in the industry or where you are on your ‘fair jewellery journey’, the Pledge scheme is here to offer motivation and a sense of community.
We know that when jewellery is produced responsibly it can provide sustainable livelihoods for all involved – from the miners of raw materials right through the supply chain to the ultimate designer or retailer of the finished piece.
As individual designers, makers, traders and educators we’ve pledged to make changes and business decisions that are driven by more than just profit. In every aspect of our work we seek to ensure that we are achieving and maintaining a safe, sustainable and just industry for all. We dream of one day casting our minds back and feeling proud to place ourselves at the core of the revolution that transformed the jewellery trade for good.
We are each at a different stage in our journey towards responsible business, but we are all working on it. No matter how big or small, our collective actions will change the world. Will you join the movement?
Through the jewellery we create and the ways we run our businesses, those who make the Fair Luxury Pledge each promise to:
Conserve and restore the environment
Work in a way that is responsible, transparent and accountable
Play a role in educating and empowering others
Now, it’s your turn. Wondering how to take it from here? It’s simple:
- Write down your plan of action. Which tangible steps will you take this year? Big or small, new or continuing from last year, your measures should aim towards reducing collective impact on the environment, supporting the people that you connect with and creating a more equitable world for all.
You could start by vowing simply to ensure that all your office waste is recycled responsibly, or take the plunge and commit to only sourcing artisanal and small-scale gold from now on. For some tips and ideas check out our posts here or go to the Ethical Making Resource.
- Share your plan with us by clicking the “take the pledge” button and completing our Pledge form.
- We’ll send you a link to the Fair Luxury 2022 Pledge badge in recognition of your commitment, which you can share with your website visitors and social media followers. If you have time, why not create a page on your website dedicated to explaining your pledge?
- Encourage a jewellery friend to join the movement.
- Sign up to our mailing list and keep an eye out for email updates about our webinars and events!
With your permission we’d love to share details of your pledge on social media and, along with the wider Fair Luxury community, to support and encourage you on your journey.